You are awlays one decision away from where you want to be !

I was watching a motivational video shared by my friends on social media. A very wise lady i must say was saying that we keep day dreaming and never do anything to make our dreams a reality. I believe her exact words were "we see success stories and think one day while doing nothing, something happened!" Seriously? Has something ever come from nothing? Or young ladies keep hoping  that a rich man will come into their lives suddenly and they will live happily ever after.


Hmmmn....too much time spent day dreaming is bad for you. Her advice is dream with your eyes wide open and make those dreans a reality. I know its not that simple but honestly your decisions in life will define you! Lets try to be realistic while we dream. I do not mean limit your potential but learn to adapt your dreams to life's circumstances. When i was still in high school, i really wanted to be a doctor but my math and physics were abysmal. Chemistry wasnt that great either. I was always much better with the arts and i had to let go of that dream....it wasnt meant to be! Today i am a travel agent and i absoulutely love it. I remember why i wanted to be a doctor but i am grateful that i am not...my work now fulfills me!


The motivational speaker gives the example of the prodigal son in the bible who makes the decision to go back to his father and ask forgiviveness rather than live in squalor with the pigs. While its not easy to make a decision instantly sometimes, we need to stop dreaming of the day things will just happen for and to us. We are in charge of our destiny, we choose how our lives will shape out. Do not let fate decide, thats foolish. May God grant us the wisdom to make wise decisions everyday and in every situation. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoner of love

Life is meant to be lived not understood

The message of Kibeho....Ndi Nyina wa jambo!