For Love of me.......

Isaiah 50 is quoted as saying :

"I offered my back to those who struck me, my cheeks to those who tore at my beard; I did not hide my face from issults and spittle."

It is Holy week again and i am reminded of another verse from Isaiah 53:

"But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed."

Oh what a terrible and immeasurable price was paid for my salvation and yours! It was paid for in blood and how much innocent blood was spilt to save us, and yet we live as if we do not care at all! There is indeed no love greater than that of God humiliating himself to become human and die the most curel death, abandoned and wounded. Torn apart inside and out and his sacrifice is still ignored by so many even today! 


When i contemplate Jesus on the cross, I am ashamed of my very many sins. When i see the stripes on his back, i am horrified but i remember that he willingly submitted to that torture so that i might be free. He suffered a death even worse than a slave so that i might one day live like a Prince. Will you not try to reciprocate that love? How cold our hearts are! Jesus, i love you and even though i can never be worthy of your sacrifice, please accept this poor heart of mine. Take my poor love and hide me in that wound in your heart and never let me go. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoner of love

Life is meant to be lived not understood

The message of Kibeho....Ndi Nyina wa jambo!